It is nothing new that most of us want to become rich and famous. I am not sure about becoming famous, but becoming rich is something that shapes our everyday behavior and the way we conduct ourselves in day to day life.
While some try to get rich by saving every penny they can, many others try to find every opportunity of changing their jobs for a better paying one. Taking big risks and migrating to countries that can even be dangerous is common for a better future. On the lighter side, young girls do look out for wealthy boys as a better match as compared to the lesser fortunate one as a faster way to get rich. This has been going on ever since human being started doing business and started identifying their success with the wealth they created.
Wealth creation is however not something that comes with a God sent opportunity, but your own habits that translates into such opportunities coming to you. This secret is something very few are able to decode and miss out on the opportunity to become wealthy.
- Create a network of positive and successful people: Having a good network of friends and colleagues that would help you find new opportunities have been an age old model of growth. Meeting places like Clubs had been very popular in yester years as they were frequented by rich and wealthy. Their connect helped many to move up in their own field. After all, it is all about having a great company.
- Have a dream: Unless you dream, you would not attempt fulfilling the dream. It is good to dream, but actions to fulfill that are equally important. It is a popular saying “You will be what you want to be”. If you don’t want or don’t know what you want to be, there is a very high likelihood that you will not become anything. Probably, you will continue to run on the treadmill of life faster and faster to somehow just be at the same place for ever.
- Be passionate: The dream you have cannot be successful unless you get passionate about that. The passion of achieving what you desire will lead you to find time for the passion you have and excel in that field. You get noticed and almost certainly you become better than others in what you really love to do the most. It is interesting to note that all successful people actually are passionate about the work they do. Those who are not, fall down rather fast.
- Save for the future: No one knows what future holds for us. We all attempt to make our future better by taking risks and doing things that can change our fortune fast. Actually, there is no quick fix for making a secure future. The best way, irrespective of the fact that you may be doing good or not, saving for your future should be part of your habit. Doing small savings regularly right from your young age pays you very good dividend when you get older and need financial support. Such a habit will also go a long way in making you confident as you age.
- Learn to take risks: It is an old saying, no risk, no gains. The famous theorem in economics also tells us that profit is the reward for risk bearing. It is therefore clear that if you have to be successful, one has to take risks. While there is no limit to taking risk, one has to judge the level of risk that can be taken, but never shy away from taking risks.
- Keep healthy: ‘Health is wealth’. This is what I learnt as a kid and feel the truth of this phrase every day in my life. Whatever success and money you have, has no meaning unless you keep yourself healthy. Health however does not come by mere thinking about it, but attempting and working for it every day. While I have seen most of the people ignoring the need to keep healthy, it does not take much to keep healthy. Probably dedicating 30 minutes every day in exercise and having heathy food coupled with good sleep is all what you need to remain healthy.
- Keep a balance between your work and your personal life: It is better to keep balance once you have a family. It is all about keeping a priority. I have seen very successful people enjoying a great family life and spending long hours at their work. It is all about ensuring that you involve your family in what you do and spend quality time with them. Having a healthy balance will help you keep focused and give you a great support in your family who will ultimately benefit from your efforts as well.
- Never abandon ethics: This is one of the things many rich and famous ignore and get caught up with bad people in their career. They get disgraced and disliked apart from risking their wealth. Being ethical gives you not only immense mental strength and pride but goes a long way in creating an image that helps you attract several opportunities that can create wealth for you. My earlier blog ‘Will someone bet on you?’ explains the importance of being ethical.
- Learn to communicate: It is extremely important for you to be good in what you would like to communicate. ‘Many things are lost for the want of asking’. Just remember, if you do not ask, you don’t get what you deserve. Leaders are generally great communicators.
- Learn to laugh & enjoy: Finally, learn to enjoy the fruits of your success. Spend at least five percent of your income on yourself. Remember, if you are happy and satisfied, you will actually try to make others happy. Laughing and being happy creates a positive aura around you and attracts more good people than you can think of. This will in turn open up several great opportunities for you to get wealthy.
So let us start getting wealthy by adopting these steps in our lives. I assure you, you will not be disappointed.